Who we are:
Galway Technology Centre is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise that was established in 1994 to support the development of entrepreneurial talent in the western region. The mission of GTC is to create jobs and accelerate the innovation and growth of globally focused, knowledge – based enterprises creating a community that fosters innovation and anchors people to this location supporting geographically balanced regional development. Galway Technology Centre (GTC) provides scaleup space and associated supports in a prime location in Galway to meet the needs of innovative, globally trading companies in the ICT, digital media and other knowledge-based sectors. Support services include access to mentoring, networking and enterprise events focusing on innovation and scaling. We currently have 41 companies and 305 members. To learn more about GTC, see www.gtc.ie
Job Title & Reporting:
• Job Title: Community Associate.
• Reporting to: GTC Manager.
Role & Responsibilities:
Greeting / Reception Management:
• Provide high level customer service and hospitality to all members and guests.
• Manage the front desk.
• Answer “walk-up” questions from members or guests – troubleshooting.
• Represent the distinct GTC brand ethos, atmosphere and culture.
• Accept Post and deliveries.
• Give tours of GTC to interested parties/potential clients, telling the story of GTC, and what it means to be a part of our community.
• Health & Safety Compliance (COVID-19)
Marketing & Communications:
• Digital marketing experience – help to increase online presence, effective use of social media marketing, search engine optimization.
• Content creation – support creation of content for various marketing and communication channels including monthly newsletter.
• Regular emails, signage & posters to inform community of all events, activities and notices.
• Membership Administration.
• Onboarding – Support the onboarding process including new member orientations.
• Offboarding – Manage offboarding requests from members.
• Systems – Updating our CRM and various systems with member details.
• Escalate member issues to the Facilities team.
Member Community Integration:
• Accelerating Introductions – Always adding value to members through relevant introductions
• Support the team where needed in developing “community” among members.
• Arrange logistics around startup /scale up engagement activities.
• Keeping in regular communication with every member, ensuring we are meeting their needs.
Who You Are:
• As a Community Associate, you will report directly to the GTC Manager and will be responsible for building and maintaining our strong, unique community – so it is integral that you be proactive and a people-person. You will be the heart and soul of our diverse community – so it’s important that you stay quick on your feet and be attuned to people’s needs.
• You are smiles-all-around and energetic – someone who knows how to work hard without compromising on the play-hard.
• You enjoy a learning culture, you like sharing ideas and you love to talk.
• You’re inventive and always keen to try new things. In fact, you believe that nothing can ever be perfect, and that testing and experimentation is always important.
• You are passionate, driven, ambitious and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Hospitality and experience driven.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak the startup/sme language.
• Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks.
• Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Understanding of the local start-up ecosystem and available resources (preferred).
• Strong IT skills including experience of creating digital media content and working with CRM systems.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm. Additional hours may be requested for events.
Salary €23-25k per annum in line with previous experience.
Contract period: 12 months.
Please apply by sending Cover Letter and CV to [email protected].
The closing date for applications is Friday, 26th February at 12pm.