*Section last updated: 12/06/20
We are fully operational for GTC Member Companies. We have updated the centre and have put a number of hygiene and social distancing protocols in place. We have also implemented processes to ensure our team are following all guidelines as set out by the HSE to curb the spread of Covid-19.
We have prepared a document to keep our community and our team safe in this document you will see the following:
- The Guidelines we are being lead by
- Changes we have implemented to the physical GTC Building
- Changes to our processes
- Behavioural changes we are resommending
This document is not exhaustive and will be updated on an ongoing basis. You can access the document here:
We look forward to welcoming more of our community back in the coming weeks.
In a bid to assist companies through this challenging times, we have assembled information that will be useful, not only to the companies based here at GTC, but to the wider Business community:
Return to Work Safety Protocol:
- Government Protocol for reopening society & business
- The government published a National Return to Work Safety Protocol on May 9th
- RDJ Glynn have provided some useful advice on What this means in practial terms here.
Checkists & Templates:
- The Health & Safety Authority have published useful guidelines, checklists and templates for employers and employees that can be downloaded here:
Covid 19 Business Supports & Advice:
- The Government outlined further measures to support business on May 2nd including the following:
- A €10,000 restart grant
- A 3 month commercial rates waiver
- Further details on the outline measures can be found here.
- RDJ Glynn has some very useful insights on their website inclding:
- The latest information on Reveune Services can be found here: Covid-19 Information for taxpayers and agents
- In addition, on the COVID-19 Supports page on the Department’s website there are numerous links to vital information, supports available and advice to business on dealing with COVID-19.
- Enterprise Ireland has a number of supports available to help mitigate the impacts of COVID-19.
- Galway Local Enterprise Offices has outlined a number of supports available to Galway businesses as well.
- It is advisable to follow up with your business bank regarding their supports in place; Bank of Ireland, AIB, Ulster Bank.
The following supports and documents for business:
- Business Continuity Voucher available through the Local Enterprise Offices to the value of €2,500
- A Factsheet Document on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Social Welfare Payments – this document gives a summary of social welfare payments available for people: (1) With no work or reduced hours. (2) Who are sick or who are looking after someone who is sick, (3)Who cannot work because they are looking after children covid19-social-welfare-payments
- **New – Employer Refund Scheme / 70% Wage Subsudy Scheme – FAQs V5: from the Department of Social Protection. Further information is available here –
- Guidance for Employers on eligibility for the scheme can be found here
- Jobseekers Emergency Payments Guide (for employees) covid19_jobseekers-emergency-payments_guide
- Employer Information Note on Covid 19 (provides details on the scheme available to businesses having to lay off staff) covid-employer-refund-scheme-faqs-and-revenue-guidance
- Jobseekers Benefit Form: Employees should complete both the Emergency Payments application and Job Seekers Benefit form at the same time – it the employee returns to work the payment can stop. jobseekers-benefit-form
- Revenue: EWorking & Home Workers
- My HR Covid-19 toolkit from Penninsula
- Covid 19 resources from the HSE, the Department of Health & other Government Departments
For further information on Covid-19 please see Chambers Ireland dedicated webpage https://www.chambers.ie/media/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-business/
Priority is the health and safety of our members, our families, and the wider community. If we can support you and your business during this time please reach out to us on +(0)91 730700 or [email protected]