Galway Technology Centre (GTC) is a growth facility for technology and digital enterprises in the West Region. One of Ireland’s largest technology enterprise centres, GTC is currently home to 41 companies, with a workforce of 320 high skilled and dynamic people. GTC is a post start-up greenhouse for HPSU’s, micro’s and dynamic SME’s in the knowledge economy to develop and grow. GTC are a commercially focused, successful social enterprise, established in 1994 by the Digital Task Force to encourage the development of technology-based industry in the West of Ireland.
GTC has recently been awarded funding from Enterprise Ireland under the REDF (Regional European Development Fund), to establish ‘Academy West’, which will represent a physical expansion of the Mervue Centre, plus a strategic expansion of the Centre to incorporate a more diverse and specialised set of supports including regional outreach & collaboration, hands-on business growth mentoring, and global entrepreneurship programmes. As part of this growth model GTC now wish to appoint a:
Client Scaling Manager (to 66k)
Reporting directly to the CEO of Galway Technology Centre (GTC), this role is a three year fixed term contract and will be responsible for:
Primary Role and Responsibilites:
- Strategy review and implementation support on a needs and case basis.
- Business and distribution model analysis.
- Support with business plan execution.
- Access to finance channels and case building.
- Export development and regulatory and compliance support.
- Support with skills development, talent identification and recruitment.
- Preparation for pitching and sales planning and customer acquisition strategy.
- Support with organisational and governance structure including board roles.
- Recruitment of key client companies including second offices and remote worker hosts.
- Report on progress and seek approval on key decision-making as necessary from the CEO.
- Research and identify suitable EU Funding, Collaboration & Partnership programmes for Young/Scaling Innovation companies.
- Contribute to the coordination of a programme of training & events that will inform and support young/scaling companies on funding, collaboration and partnerships.
The Successful Candidate will Possess:
- Experience working in supporting ‘start-up’ clients in a similar digital hub / social enterprise venture in Ireland, or with a commercial bank supporting start-up businesses with business planning and finance.
- Ideally, a relevant third level qualification (Business degree or equivalent).
- A proven track record in helping ‘start-up’ micro-enterprises with preparation for investor and venture funding pitches, export market testing, and recruitment activity.
- ‘Hands-on’ experience in managing the client operations of a digital hub or similar venture essential.
- Excellent communication, marketing, financial planning, negotiation & problem solving skills.
- The ability to create and disseminate effective ‘online’ resources to support work/programme engagement.
This role is supported by Enterprise Ireland under the Regional Enterprise Development Fund (REDF).
Applications please, in strict confidence, by the 5th November 2021 to:
GALWAY TECHNOLOGY COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER