All your answers are here
Frequently asked questionsF.A.Q
- What are the GTC reception hours?
- Reception is fully managed from 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- What are the lease options?
- We offer short term flexible licence agreements for units and monthly rollover agreements for desk space in the Cube.
- How do I gain access to the GTC outside office hours?
- Tenants have 24/7 access to the building. Each tenant is provided with a fob to gain access to the building out of hours and weekends.
- How do I book a meeting room?
- We have a range of meeting rooms available, which can be booked at reception.
- What canteen facilities does the GTC have?
- We have a self service canteen with hot water, fresh milk and vending machines. We also have an on-site O'Briens Sandwich bar and coffee shop open from 8am- 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- How does incoming and outgoing post work?
- The post is delivered and collected by An Post between 9am-10am Monday to Friday. There is an outgoing post tray at reception for outgoing mail. Each company is assigned their own individual post-box. The post is distributed to each post-box each morning.
- When are the offices's cleaned?
- Where cleaning services are required, offices are cleaned once a week on an assigned day.
- Is Parking available at GTC?
- Yes, there is an ample amount of free parking in the business park.
ICT Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we set-up our network in GTC?
- Each Unit in the GTC is configured with its own network segment. Units have an internal Comms cabinet which contains network connections (RJ-45) to the Data network for internet and Voice network for phones. Each Unit in GTC has its own LAN IP address scheme . Companies will have to acquire a network HubSwitch in order to complete access for their own internal network (LAN). SwitchHub pricing is available from GTC Reception.
- Are there any restrictions on the services we can host from our network?
- Prior approval is required from GTC management for the provision of hosting services.
- Is wifi available in GTC?
- Yes. GTC has wifi coverage throughout the building.
- Is wifi available to guests and visitors?
- Yes. Guests may avail of complimentary wi-fi access throughout the building.
- What type of phone system is available in GTC and what capabilities does it offer to tenant companies?
- GTC has a CISCO IP Telephony system installed. This is a modern Voice over IP system (VoIP) which offers tenants features including: Direct Dial inwards (DDI), Call-Waiting, Call-Forwarding, Voice Mail. Basic interactive voice response (IVR) capabilities are also available with the phone system as an extra option. Enquiries to GTC reception.
- Is our network protected by a firewall?
- Yes, a CISCO Firewall protects the internal network. You can also request a static public IP address from GTC, if you require access to services on your network (e.g. email,Web Services, FTP etc). Firewall rules are then configured according to customer requests.
- Can we access our network from remote locations?
- No, not directly. Access to your internal access is secured by a CISCO Firewall. To allow access to internal services on your network you can avail of a static public IP address. Using this address you can configure remote access using devices on your own internal network (LAN).
- What broadband access is available in GTC?
- 1Gigabyte High-speed uncontended fibre broadband is available to all tenants located in GTC. The shared service is included in the service cost for all tenants and is provided via a direct link to the Galway Metropolitan Area Network (MAN). Additional uncontended broadband can be provided to tenants at competitive rates should additional dedicated broadband be required.
- Are there any restrictions on the content we can access on the internet?
- No. There are no internet restrictions imposed on any company. However, the internet is intended for business use on a fair use policy and management reserves the right to control access to sites which are not consistent with the above policy.